Fire: 14 June.
At 08:41 a watchtower reported smoke in our forest and the K9 team was put on standby.
1. The team arrived at the extinguished fire scene at 09:03.
2. Upon assessing the scene the team identified it as a smoking spot as empty match boxes, pieces of newspaper and dagga were recovered.
3. Yster was started from these at 09:49 and trailed to a nearby compound where forest contractors reside. This is the same compound as the mission involving 3 boys on 7 May this year.
4. Yster entered the compound and identified a man sitting among 2 friends.
5. The man denied any responsibility, but co-workers gave information that he regularly smoke in the forest and was absent earlier in the morning.
6. Our internal investigators did a Forensic Interview which the suspect failed.
7. The contractor was held responsible and will be given a bill to cover fire fighting costs.